Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny, hot.humid Same ol' thing.


One of my simple pleasures:
watching the girls play together when they don't know i'm watching

On my bedside table:
Twilight ( rereading the series)


On my TV:
nothing
but i am listening to the Twilight Soundtrack


On the menu for tonight:
 Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings



On my To Do List:
Finish Chloie's teacher gift
Mop and Sweep
start some sewing & holiday projects

New Recipe I tried last week:
14 Layer Cake


In the craft basket:
Sewing & Holiday Projects
Chloie's teacher gift


Looking forward to:
Julie's birthday celebration


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Set your timer for 15 min intervals and see how much you can get done!


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Haven't gotten to do too much blog reading hoping to catch up this week


Favorite photo from last week:
 
Lesson learned the past few days:
Hand it over to God he will take care of it.


On my Prayer List:

Our Neighbors who are anxiously awaiting for Nov to come to meet their baby they are adopting


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Chicken and dumplings sound wonderful!! Love the picture!!

James ~n~ Amber said...

Hey girl. Thanks for the comment on the cake. No fondant recipe though. Since I work full time away from the home, I don't have a whole lot of extra time for making fondant. I use the Satin Ice fondant and I've learned that the taste is pretty good, but the texture is what can weird people out. Just depends on who it is. I do really like the chocolate fondant though. I've wanted to try some other brands, but I've yet to get around to it. Fondarific makes the only buttercream flavored fondant that I'm aware of, so I'd really like to try that one. I have made my own marshmallow fondant before, but then I never used it. I gotta tell you though, if you don't have a lot of extra time, don't mess with it. I thought it was kind of a pain and pretty messy. I'd still like to play around with it someday. I try to fill my cakes with pretty thick icing layers since most people won't eat the fondant. I order most of my stuff from Global Sugar Art. Their shipping seems kind of high, but most of their materials are cheaper than anything I've found around here and by the time you figure in gas money to drive to a local place that sells any materials, it's just cheaper to order online. I think 2 lbs of white Satin Ice is about $7 on their site and if you go to Larry's in Pasadena, they charge about $ 16 for the same thing! let me know if you need anything else, and I'm learning too so we can help each other !